Cambodia & Laos: Private ‘One To One’ Classes, taught by Jonathan Taylor personally, allow for fast development of your skills. Each lesson will be created to suit your personal photographic study needs, no matter your current level or skill base. A balance will be made between your wish to learn photography while photographing and experiencing some fascinating people and locations. One to four day courses are based at the school in the centre of Siem Reap, Cambodia, with photography sessions in and around the town. This includes People and Photojournalism Study with the fascinating communities surrounding the Tonle Sap Lake. Or Landscape Photography using the temples of Angkor Wat as a backdrop. Street Photography can take place in the fascinating markets places in and around Siem Reap Town. Study for Five Days or longer and you can include Phnom Pehn into your course, while if you extend to ten days Laos can be studied and photographed too. The day starts with Jonathan explaining your day’s lessons, receiving a student handout and a slide show. In the evening, editing, post production and critique is held. With Jonathan’s experience and knowledge of photography and the region these courses are also a huge opportunity to discover Cambodia and its people, while becoming better photographers.
Students of all levels from basic to advanced are catered for. Each course is individually created to suit your own level and study targets and can include:
- Camera controls, including shooting on Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority.
- Creative camera functions to achieve the effects you want, including Depth Of Field Control, Camera and Movement Blur.
- Metering and correct exposure control, including High Key and Low Key Photography.
- Composition Techniques including: Framing, Leading Lines, Abstract and Art Photography.
- Flash Photography, including fill in flash, off camera flash techniques, external strobe photography.
- Night and slow shutter speed photography, including correct use of tripods and other devises to keep you camera stable in low light.
- Location Photography including, lifestyle, nature and architecture.
- Photoshop and other post processing programmes to enhance your photographs, including Lightroom, Aperture, Niks Plugins.
- Creative Colour Awareness and Digital Black and White Photography.
- Themed Photography, including Abstract, Nature, Landscape, Portraits, Documentary or Architecture.
- 360 Panoramic and HDR Techniques, to create virtual tours.
- People photography including how to correctly approach people for portraiture, environmental studies and candid street photography.
- Feature photography, how to tell a story with your pictures. Creating a narrative from your opening to closing picture.
- and more…
One to Two Day Courses $420 USD Per Five Hour Session
Three to Four Day Course $390 USD Per Five Hour Session
Five Days to Nine Day Course $350 USD Per Five Hour Session
Ten Days or longer $300 USD Per Five Hour Sessions
Each additional person you book studies for just an extra $250 USD per session.
(Please note any extra expenses incurred while studying, taxi fares & accommodation fees are not included, if you wish to study in Laos or China, for less than five days, there is a $1000 USD surplus charge for Jonathan Taylor’s travelling expenses). Available dates can be checked on the calendar below. Please use the contact form to make a booking or further enquiries, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Taylor also offers a LONG TERM COURSE that involves ten session over a month’s period, please visit this page for details https://photographyschoolasia.com/long-term/
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Contact Us” title=”false” ajax=”true”]