One To One Photography Courses in Cambodia. This tailor made photography course is taught from our school in Siem Reap. It is designed to quickly improve your photography while giving you an in-depth look at the country, its people and culture too. One to Ten Day Courses are available.
One to Five Day Courses take place in and around Siem Reap, including taking pictures in the beautiful temples at Angkor Wat and the amazing fishing communities on the Tonle Sap Lake. Longer courses can involve travel to other Cambodian provinces including Phnom Penh and Battambang. The courses allow for dramatic personal photographic development, with lots of time for artistic growth & technical improvement.
Please read the Testimonials page for student’s comments about their wonderful experiences on our courses.
Your photographic training will include:
- Learn to use the camera on Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority.
- Flash Photography
- Tripod Photography
- Depth of Field
- Light Metering
- Composition Techniques including: Framing, Movement, Abstract and Art Photography.
- Location Photography including: Street photography, lifestyle, nature and architecture.
- People Photography, learn how to approach people for great portraits and street photography.
- Documentary Photography including: Feature photography, choosing a story, finding a narrative, editing and selling commercially, presentation techniques and Photojournalism.
- Creative Photography learn how to conceptualize and create unique images expressing emotion or theme.
- Photoshop and other post processing programs to enhance your photographs.
- Learning to work on your own personal mid and long term projects, for further development.
- Plus lots more…
All photography courses are unique and designed to fit your needs perfectly but an idea some of the fantastic locations for photography Cambodia offers while studying are detailed below.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Staying in Siem Reap means you have access not only to the wonderful Angkor Wat Temple complex, a world heritage site a true ‘ancient wonder of the world’, but also the stilted fishing villages, set deep out on the massive Tonle Sap Lake. Rural Countryside Communities you would never discover alone. It has just been voted one of the best ten tourist destinations for a reason it is simple stunningly beautiful and the people amazingly open and friendly. A photogenic paradise. The local fishing communities are reached by minivan after a two hour drive out from the town.
- You will be guided around the majestic and stunning Angkor Wat Temple complex, not only will you receive expert photographic instruction our English speaker drivers will also tell you something of the temples and their importance in history.
- You will be taken to Kampung Pluk stilted fishing village that is a delight any time of the year but for most of the year is surrounded by the massively huge and beautiful Tonle Sap Lake.
- We can head off to Siem Reap’s largest fresh food market, it is an Asian ‘wet market’ so you can expect to see everything on sale there from vegetables to live ducks. This is when we head off into the heart of Cambodia’s farming communities, truly rural and truly stunning. The people are all very friendly and open to being photographed.
- You will be introduced to a vast variety of ‘well off the beaten track’ local villages, impossible to find without Jonathan’s expert knowledge of the region.
- Rural Cambodian backwaters and rice farming communities can easily be reached by the school’s limousine.
- Phnom Penh, Battambang and other Cambodian Provinces are available on longer courses.
Your itinerary will be tailor-made to suit your personal needs in terms of study and travel, so you will always have an excellent backdrop for your lessons, each evening return to the classroom for expert critique and to study Photoshop and Lightroom too.
Five Days or longer only $280 USD per day
Each additional person you book studies for just an extra $150 USD per session.
Please note any extra expenses incurred while studying, transport & accommodation fees are not included
Tutor: Jonathan Taylor
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions page before booking a course.
Please use the contact form to make a booking or for further enquiries, or email us directly at- firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on our Cambodian Photography Course soon.